Dear friends, we pray that we will learn from the generosity of the landowner in the parable of Jesus in today’s Gospel.
- That Christians everywhere will avoid anything in their daily lives which would be unworthy of the Gospel of Christ. Let us pray to the Lord. Grant this, almighty God.
- That the actions of the leadership in North Korea will be modified so that the threat of war is diminished; the violence of the military in Myanmar come to an immediate end, and the persecution of Christians give way to religious freedom for everyone. Let us pray to the Lord. Grant this, almighty God.
- That those who suffer because of drought and famine in Africa, flood and destruction across the Caribbean and Texas, in Bangladesh and India, and the millions trapped in refugee camps will be alleviated by generous nations and aid organisations. Let us pray to the Lord. Grant this, almighty God.
- That those who have died may now live with Jesus in heaven. We remember especially, Anna Long, Valerie Margaret Wall, Remo Pacitti, Patricia Carron, Hugh McKendry, and Agnes McMenamin. Let us pray to the Lord. Grant this, almighty God.
- Let us pray to our Lady of Paisley for Bishop Keenan: Hail Mary….
Eternal Father, ever generous and gracious to us, help us to learn from your Son, Jesus, so that our lives are filled with generosity, mercy, and justice. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.