Church Improvement Works
You will be aware that work on the new church roof has begun. With the main porch now inaccessible please access the church for weekday masses through the side entrance at the sacristy. For Saturday evening and Sunday masses the fire exit at the front of the church and the hall entrance should also be used. Now that the scaffold and builders compound are in place please park with consideration for others and ensure that children are not allowed to play in the church grounds or on/near the scaffold. In the event of an emergency the access points detailed above should be used in addition to the fire exits in the extension and the hall- both of which are clearly marked. Thank you for your patience while the work goes on to improve and future proof our church. Should you have any questions or concerns please contact Julia on 07801286661.
Please come along to the Parish Ladies Night in support of Mary’s Meals on Friday 11th November from 7.30- 11pm. The evening promises laughter, cake and fun! Tickets are £5 and are available from Anne on 07766 727018. BYOB
Following the success of his recent talk in St Ninian’s High School Mr Henry Creechan has agreed to lead a presentation on the shroud of Turin believed by many to be the burial cloth of Jesus. He will give insights to the understanding of the Shroud and explain what many eminent scientists believe to be flaws in the Carbon Dating of the Shroud. There will be an opportunity to view a life size replica of the Shroud. The presentation takes place in the Parish Hall at 8pm on Wednesday 15th November.
To see the second page of the newsletter, click on the document and a little sign appears that allows you to move to the second page.15Oct17
To see the second page of the newsletter, click on the document and a little sign appears that allows you to move to the second page.
Today is the Feast Day of Pope St John XXIII. Pope St John is the father of the Second Vatican Council. He was known as ‘The Good Pope’ and was loved by all the Roman Catholic faithful. The 2-minute video below tells you a bit more about Il Buon Papa.
Today is the feast of San Giovanni Leonardi di Lucca or St John Leonardi. San Giovanni was born in the 16th Century and is the Patron Saint of pharmacists. In Glasgow, many people have family links to Lucca or closeby. If you know anyone whose family come from Lucca or is a pharmacist, why not say a small prayer for them today?
To see the second page of the newsletter, click on the document and a little sign appears that allows you to move to the second page.08Oct17
Today is the Feast Day of Our Lady of the Rosary! Why not say one decade of the Rosary for someone who needs it most today? It will only take 3 minutes and will be heard by Our Lady on this, her very special day.
Even sharing or liking this post is a prayer as it will spread the devotion of the Rosary.
The painting is by Caravaggio and is titled, ‘Madonna of the Rosary’.
A number of people have been in contact about the rota and so it has been changed to accommodate circumstances. Please check for your name and activities.
To see the second page of the rota, click on the document and a little sign appears that allows you to move to the second page.Church Rota OctNov
To see the second page of the rota, click on the document and a little sign appears that allows you to move to the second page.
Dear friends, we pray that we will learn from the generosity of the landowner in the parable of Jesus in today’s Gospel.
- That Christians everywhere will avoid anything in their daily lives which would be unworthy of the Gospel of Christ. Let us pray to the Lord. Grant this, almighty God.
- That the actions of the leadership in North Korea will be modified so that the threat of war is diminished; the violence of the military in Myanmar come to an immediate end, and the persecution of Christians give way to religious freedom for everyone. Let us pray to the Lord. Grant this, almighty God.
- That those who suffer because of drought and famine in Africa, flood and destruction across the Caribbean and Texas, in Bangladesh and India, and the millions trapped in refugee camps will be alleviated by generous nations and aid organisations. Let us pray to the Lord. Grant this, almighty God.
- That those who have died may now live with Jesus in heaven. We remember especially, Anna Long, Valerie Margaret Wall, Remo Pacitti, Patricia Carron, Hugh McKendry, and Agnes McMenamin. Let us pray to the Lord. Grant this, almighty God.
- Let us pray to our Lady of Paisley for Bishop Keenan: Hail Mary….
Eternal Father, ever generous and gracious to us, help us to learn from your Son, Jesus, so that our lives are filled with generosity, mercy, and justice. We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen.