Dear friends, the skill and wisdom of Jesus is illustrated in today’s gospel parable, where he has given us the story of our salvation in such a simple and captivating way.
- That we will fill our minds with everything that is true and noble; all that is good and pure, that we love and honour you, Lord. Let us pray to the Lord. Grant this, almighty God.
- That the God of peace will take anger and the desire for violence from the hearts of every world leader and citizen, and replace it with the energy and commitment to build up a world of harmony, respect and peace. Let us pray to the Lord. Grant this, almighty God.
- That the people of Las Vegas, devastated by murderous violence, will know the prayerful support of people of goodwill everywhere. We pray eternal rest for the dead, healing for the wounded, comfort for the grieving and distressed, and courage for those assisting the victims. Let us pray to the Lord. Grant this, almighty God.
- That the departed members of our families will be gathered together in the Father’s heavenly home. We also remember especially, Moira McGregor, Eamonn Fottrell, Paddy Boyle, Jim Upton, Maureen McGowan and Joe Cavanagh. Let us pray to the Lord. Grant this, almighty God.
- Let us pray to our Lady of Paisley for Bishop Keenan: Hail Mary….
Almighty Father, as we stand on this earth, we raise our hands to the heavens imploring your blessing upon all of creation, seeking Divine Grace for the poor, and comfort and courage for all victims of violence and war. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.