Dear friends, God’s word that we should have a care for justice and act with integrity, are as true today as they were when communicated through the prophet Isaiah.
- We pray for the Church, that it will always act with justice, especially in reaching out to the most vulnerable people of society. Christ, hear us. Grant this, almighty God.
- We pray for those who have become discouraged in their prayer, that the openness and determination of the woman in the Gospel will increase their trust and confidence in Jesus’ care of them. Christ, hear us. Grant this, almighty God.
- We pray for peace in every place, mindful of the threats exchanged between North Korea and the United States, the rising violence against Christians in Nigeria, the wars in Yemen and South Sudan, the chaos in Syria, and the critical political situation in Venezuela, that people will turn away from violence and negotiate for peace. Christ, hear us. Grant this, almighty God.
- We pray for our departed relatives, friends and parishioners, that they will share that mercy which God desires for all humankind. We remember especially, Canon Donald MacKay, Daniel Byrne, Carlo Amadei, Daniel Boyle, Patrick Gallagher, Leonor Samson, Leo Verrico, Helen Taylor, Mrs. McKenzie, Bellana Canaedda, John Gallagher and Gertrude Allen. We remember also those who died in the mud slide in Sierra Leone and those slain by terrorists in Spain. Christ, hear us. Grant this, almighty God.
- Let us pray to our Lady of Paisley for Bishop Keenan: Hail Mary….
Almighty God, you rule the world with justice and fairness. Receive our praise, and give us your blessing. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.